Subscribe to the free nutrition newsletter from Dr. Greger and get the Evidence-based Food Guide: A healthy life resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign in
DESCRIPTION: If one is going to present an evolutionary argument about what could be a "natural" level of vitamin D, what do you think about getting vitamin D the way nature proposed it: sun instead of supplements?
Yes, we can get some of the benefits of sun exposure without the risks if we take vitamin D supplements, but, for the sake of discussion, what would happen if those supplements did not exist? Do the benefits of sun exposure outweigh the risks? That is the theme of the latest installment of the latest series of videos on the science of vitamin D, The risks and benefits of exposure to the sensitive sun (
To see the first four, check out:
• Do vitamin D supplements help with diabetes, weight loss and blood pressure?
• Will you live longer if you take vitamin D supplements? (
• How much vitamin D should you take? (
• The optimal dose of vitamin D based on natural levels (
Here is the video about the incredible activation of chlorophyll: How to regenerate coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) naturally (
What do greens and beets have to do with the function of the arteries? See some of my latest videos about the wonders of nitrate-rich vegetables:
• Whole beets against juice to improve athletic performance (
• Oxygenated blood with vegetables rich in nitrates (
• Dietary nitrate scoring method "Veg-Table" (
• Slow down our metabolism with vegetables rich in nitrates (
Do you have any questions for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comments section at and try to answer it.
• To subscribe:
Video credits to NutritionFacts.org YouTube channel