The safe dose of vitamin D supplements so that the majority of the population reaches the optimal level is 2,000 i.u. One day, but the elderly and overweight may need more.
Subscribe to the free nutrition newsletter from Dr. Greger and get the Evidence-based Food Guide: A healthy life resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign in
After all that work, the new science and the same recommendation of 2,000 iu / day that I did in 2011 are preserved.
If you missed the first two videos of this series, see:
• Do vitamin D supplements help with diabetes, weight loss and blood pressure?
• Will you live longer if you take vitamin D supplements? (
And I finish with:
• The optimal dose of vitamin D based on natural levels (
• The best way to get vitamin D: sun, supplements or salons? (
• The risks and benefits of sensitive sun exposure (
Do you have any questions for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comments section at and try to answer it.
• To subscribe:
Video credits to NutritionFacts.org YouTube channel