You probably know that most of the tissues in your body regularly replace your cells with new ones. Different organs need their own time to renew themselves completely. And some tissues do not replace their cells at all. But have you ever wondered where the dead cells of your body end?
Dr. Yoshinori Ohsumi, a Japanese cell biologist, spent years studying how human cells get rid of their waste. If this process in the body does not work properly, a person can develop type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, some diseases related to age and even cancer. And it turned out that when you fast, your cells live longer and produce more energy!
Other videos that you might like:
I only drank water for 20 days, see what happened to my body
What will happen if you do not eat anything for 7 days?
I ate a meal a day for a month, see what happened to me
What autophagy is 1:07
What the biochemist Dr. Christian de Duve discovered in the 1960s 1:41
Do you need to eat animal protein to build new cells? 2:33
When autophagy becomes more intensive 4:16
The health benefits of intermittent fasting 5:16
A 24 hour fast 5:58
Fasting on alternating days 6:17
Skip meals 6:55
Daily fast in the window 7:17
Water fast 7:52
Why it's good for you to have animal protein-free days once in a while 8:09
#fasting #onedaydiet #vegan
Credit preview of the photo:
Nobel laureate Yoshinori Ohsumi shows his medal after an awards ceremony in Stockholm on December 10, 2016. Ohsumi received the Nobel Prize in physiology or medicine for elucidating "autophagy," an intracellular process that degrades and recycles proteins: By Kyodo / Associated Press / Eastern News,
The animation is created by Bright Side.
Music for epidemic sound
– The first person to discover autophagy was the Belgian biochemist Dr. Christian de Duve. For this discovery, he won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1974.
– Surprisingly, studies show that they still have about the same amount of protein and carbohydrates in their digestive system as they would if they ate animal proteins.
– The body can use its own protein in the form of dead and damaged cells and bacteria that have been previously stored.
– If your natural recycling mechanism does not work, the damaged cells and their parts begin to accumulate in the body. And it ends up being unable to neutralize cancer cells and cells infected by dangerous viruses and bacteria. As a result, this can lead to several serious diseases.
– Dr. Yoshinori Ohsumi discovered that autophagy becomes more intensive when the body experiences some stress. This stress can be fasting, restricting calories or even starvation.
– In all his studies, Dr. Yoshinori Ohsumi used hunger and fasting to encourage the body to break down toxic cells and get rid of all the garbage.
– Intermittent fasting, which alternates periods of eating and fasting, can help your body cleanse itself. In addition, it can help you lose weight and speed up your metabolism.
– If you are a newbie in the world of fasting and the practice seems a little intimidating, start skipping meals. In general, it is sufficient to skip a meal a day to increase your metabolism and trigger cleansing processes in your body. Just remember that if you skipped a meal, you should not overeat in the next.
– A more interesting conclusion that can be drawn from this research is that, despite what some people think, vegetarians do not suffer from a lack of animal proteins. They just get it in a different way.
Subscribe to Bright Side:
Our social networks:
Youtube of 5 minute crafts:
For more videos and articles visit:
Video credits to BRIGHT SIDE YouTube channel