The remarkable impact of the structure of foods beyond the content or nutritional composition.
Subscribe to the free nutrition newsletter from Dr. Greger and get the Evidence-based Food Guide: A healthy life resource from Dr. Greger and NutritionFacts.org. Sign up
In case my previous cereal video has been lost, see The Worst Food for Tooth Caray (it's crazy that the same product can have such different effects on the body depending on its processing.) Beyond focusing on whole grains in Instead of refined, the most complete of all are intact grains.Eat oats are better than powdered oats, rolled oats are better than oats cut with steel, better than rolled oats, and oats oats intact They are the best!
Check out this great cooking video from my Morning Grain Bowls (from the cookbook How Not to Die (
More on the benefits of whole grains can be found at:
• How to prevent high blood pressure with diet (
• Can oatmeal reverse heart disease? (
• How to change your enterotype (
• The fiber rule from five to one (
• Resistant starch and colon cancer (
• Getting the starch to take the path of the greatest resistance (
• How not to die from high blood pressure (
• Intestinal microbiome: Make it rich in whole grains (
• The best foods to reduce the risk of stroke (
• Microbiome: we are what they eat (
• Pros and cons of a macrobiotic diet (
• Benefits of a macrobiotic diet for diabetes (
Do you have any questions about this video? Leave it in the comments section at and someone from the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Would you like to obtain a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources quoted in You will also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and the visiting program, and an easy way to search (even in the translated language) through our videos covering more than 2,000 health topics .
If you prefer to watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube channel here:
Thanks for watching. I hope you join the nutrition revolution based on evidence!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
The subtitles for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the configuration wheel in the lower right corner of the video and then on "Subtitles / CC".
• To subscribe:
• HOW NOT TO DIE:
Video credits to NutritionFacts.org YouTube channel