Treatment for type 2 diabetes in children: who does type 2 diabetes affect in children?
Be sure to see the secret presentation on The Link Above!
There are many difficulties for children and adolescents with type 2 diabetes. Having diabetes imposes certain restrictions that go against the usual childhood experience. You always have to think about the treatments and leaving home always involves checking that you have your insulin or your glucometer. For you, the father, is a constant concern for your child's health and treatment requirements.
If your child is diagnosed with type 2, here are some important guidelines to keep in mind:
1. What do you need to know:
* It is important to have a thorough knowledge of type 2 diabetes and understand the reasons behind the treatment and medication of your child.
* Essentially a condition without known cure that affects the body's metabolism
* In type 1 diabetes, a defect in the immune system leads to the destruction of beta cells. This happens suddenly and the pancreas stops producing insulin and insulin injections are needed to survive
* In type 2 diabetes, however, insulin is produced by the body. There is no lack of insulin, but rather the inability of the body to use it effectively. Blocking its action is known as insulin resistance. The body is forced to create much larger doses and over time, it can cause a malfunction of the pancreas and other complications.
2. Psychological effects:
After knowing the disease, the second important thing to remember is that type 2 diabetes has:
* On the life and the psychology of the patient
* Also in friends and family that are involved and closely related to the diabetic
In the first days after diagnosis, many people are unaware of the social implications of diabetes. However, without adequate mental preparation for all the ways in which this condition will affect lives, resentment may develop between the diabetic child and his siblings. In addition, the psychological stress on you as a parent is often great and can lead to feelings of self-blame.
Once emotional considerations have been taken into account, either through counseling or group therapy, the next step is to become familiar with the available treatment plans.
Most children with type 2 diabetes are overweight or obese at the time of diagnosis. Treatment often begins with weight control and proper nutrition. Do not identify your child with diabetes and have him eat foods different from the rest of the family. Encouraging the whole family to eat similar foods will benefit everyone. Research has shown that optimal control without medication can be obtained in less than ten percent of adults. Some children receive metformin and have good results, others who are very sick at the time of diagnosis may need insulin injections at the beginning to reduce their high blood sugar levels.
It is also essential to change the sedimentary lifestyle of your child; This is necessary to accelerate weight loss, but it also increases insulin sensitivity at the cellular level.
Type 2 diabetes affects the whole family, does not identify your child with diabetes and treats them differently from everyone else. They will feel that they are being punished.
More information about this amazing product treatment for type 2 diabetes in children, click on the link below:
Related search terms of treatment for type 2 diabetes in children:
Treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus
Type 2 diabetes mellitus children
Type II diabetes in children
Diabetes type 1
Type 2 diabetes in adolescents
Symptoms of juvenile diabetes type 2
Type 2 diabetes in children's events
What causes type 2 diabetes in children
Be sure to click on the link below:
Video credits to Cure Diabetes Naturally YouTube channel