Bitter melon is a type of edible and medicinal fruit that is native to Africa, Asia and parts of the Caribbean. It has a long history of use in China. Bitter melons are very low in calories, but an excellent source of vitamins B1, B2 and B3, C, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, dietary fiber, etc. Bitter melon has also been used for a long time as an herbal remedy for a variety of ailments, including type 2 diabetes.
Surprising health benefits of bitter melon:
1. Improving the view.
2. Control blood sugar levels and diabetes.
3. Treatment of abdominal pain, constipation, peptic ulcers, cramps and fluid retention.
4. Increase protection against cancer.
5. Decrease menstrual irregularity.
6. Treatment of gout, jaundice and kidney stones.
7. Control the symptoms of autoimmune disorders, including arthritis.
8. Reduce fevers and cough.
9. Decrease inflammation.
10. Reduce fevers and cough.
Bitter melon consumption tips:
-To prepare, cut the melon lengthwise and remove the seeds.
-To reduce the bitter taste, immerse it in salt water for half an hour before extracting juice or cooking.
– add another fresh juice such as carrot or apple juice and honey to make the bitter melon juice more palatable.
-For diabetics, drink the juice with green apple juice.
Is there any side effect to consumption of bitter gourd?
-Yes, watch the video carefully to know about the side effects of bitter melon.
Disclaimer: None of the information in our videos is a substitute for diagnosis and treatment by your healthcare professional. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider before beginning any new diet or treatment.
Images with CC license:
Video credits to Remedies For You YouTube channel