If you are diabetic, you should finally avoid these 20 foods
Diabetic food should be well controlled if you really want to balance your blood sugar level. If you have diabetes, the secret of your diet is to stay away from foods high in sugar, however, there are certain drinks and foods that look healthy, but they are the opposite. Here we will specify the 20 foods from which you must stay away.
20 foods that must be kept out of food for diabetics
1. Dry fruits: fiber and nutrients cause some fruits to dry and look like the healthiest option, but you should think twice before consuming it if you have diabetes 2 since nuts have dehydration, which causes sugars Concentrate more. Replace with strawberries or grapefruit.
2. White rice, bread and flour: low quality carbohydrates such as rice and white flour, such as breads and pasta; They act in the same way as sugar, that is, they interfere with glucose levels in your body such as sugar, it is preferable that you change them for whole grains such as oats, barley and brown rice.
3. Dairy products full of fat: whole milk products contain more fat, increase bad cholesterol (LDL), the risk of heart disease and insulin resistance, so if you are diabetic give dairy products such as creams, fat yogurt, Ice cream and cream cheese.
4. Coarse cuts of meat: fatty meats should be avoided at all costs for the same reason as dairy products because they are high in saturated fats that increase cholesterol and generate inflammation throughout the body while increasing diabetics . The risk of heart disease. Change meats to skinless chicken, turkey, pork loin, lean meat or fish.
5. Breakfast cakes: all baked goods such as cakes, muffins, donuts, cinnamon rolls contain high amounts of sodium and trans fat if you want to consume them, try to find the healthiest options, those that have no fat or sugar. Without a doubt, the best option is to make them at home.
6. Fried foods: this type of food is not good for people with diabetes 2, because they are soaked with large amounts of oil and in many cases are covered with flour for breading, which has more calories, you must be very careful with these foods .
7. Alcohol: alcohol interferes with blood sugar levels and if you have diabetes you should consult your doctor before taking it.
8. Fruit juice: the juices are full of fiber and healthy carbohydrates since fruits are always the best option when treating diabetics. However, when it comes to fruit juices, you should be alert because even more nutritious than soft drinks, the juices contain concentrated sugar that causes your sugar levels to rise.
9. Sugary foods: As explained above, they contain high amounts of sugar classified as low quality carbohydrates, with low nutritional value that generate high levels of blood sugar.
10. Cereals: it is usually one of the easiest and fastest options when it comes to breakfast, but most cereals contain a lot of sugar.
11. Energy Bars: They are not so bad, but for diabetics, they should be more careful with what they choose to eat, both carbohydrates and sugars are two main sources of energy for the body, as long as they choose those that contain minimum .
12. Bananas and melons: some fruits are more sugary than others and are only the most sugary ones that you should avoid in order not to increase your sugar levels, bananas, melons and peaches contain a lot of sugar.
13. Mixed coffees: Mixed coffees are very popular but have syrup, sugar and whipped cream products that are heavy in sugar and fat, always choose coffee without sugar and with a little milk to quench the impulses of caffeine.
14. Processed meat: processed meats are full of sodium and diets high in salt are associated with a double risk of heart attacks, spills in diabetics, so it is vital to reduce your intake.
15. Smoothies purchased: they are marketed as the healthiest drinks on the market, however, they are far from it because they have a lot of sugar and are served in extra large portions.
16. Chinese food: high in calories, fat, sodium and carbohydrates, increases blood sugar levels and keeps it high for a long time.
17. Flavored water: just like smoothies are sold as healthy, but not because the flavor contains more sugar than normal.
18. Frozen / commercial pizza: They are preferable for speed and convenience, especially in the United States, but they are not fit for health, they are high in calories and add to their diet large portions of fat.
19. Nachos: Preferred by many people without realizing the high caloric content they possess, a regular order of classic nachos chillies provides 830 calories, 59 grams of fat and 39 of carbohydrates, so they are far from healthy for health. diabetics
20. Burger restaurants: certainly tempting and delicious, but loaded with saturated fats, responsible for raising cholesterol, are far from ideal for diabetics.
Video credits to Health & Lose Weight Fast Tips YouTube channel