For more information:
Today I want to tell you about how sugar can cause cancer. This is something that I'm very passionate about. With the increasing number of cancer diagnoses each year, I want to help educate everyone on how to prevent this disease. I'm going to give you advice and share with you the scientific background on cancer prevention.
Excessive consumption of sugar can cause:
Cancer and Diabetes:
1. Sugar and diabetes: excessive consumption of sugar increases insulin in the body, leading to insulin resistance, which can cause diabetes.
Sugar ⇒ Insulin ⇒ Diabetes
2. Sugar and cancer: Excessive consumption of sugar also increases a hormone called GIP and releases a protein, called S-Catenin, a protein that causes cells to replicate and become immortal, creating a precancerous cell.
Sugar ⇒ S-Catenin ⇒ Cancer
Naturally prevent cancer
– Certain nutrients can cause cellular apoptosis or cellular cytotoxicity to kill cancer cells.
1. Eat more vegetables and fruits
-Fruits and vegetables are the foods richest in nutrients and the richest in antioxidants.
– Antioxidants protect cells against damage from free radicals and against proteins, such as S-Catenin.
-The fruit contains sugar, but also contains fiber and beneficial antioxidants to protect cells against cancer.
-Consume a berry shake for breakfast and consume fresh vegetable juices and large superfood salads for the prevention of cancer.
2. Eat healthy fats
– Hormonal balance: healthy fats help balance hormones naturally, which reduces the risk of cancer.
Cellular Health: Healthy fats also promote cell communication. The body is composed of 75 billion cells, each of which contains a lipid bilayer. Fats are responsible for the general health of the cells.
-Budwig Protocol: cultured dairy products + flax seeds
The combination of saturated and healthy fats from cultured dairy products (cottage cheese, kefir or amasai), along with omega-3 plant-based flaxseed or flaxseed oil, naturally energizes the cell to promote cancer prevention.
Types of healthy fats:
1. Saturated (cultured dairy products, coconut)
2. Omega-3 (wild salmon, chia seeds, flax seeds)
3. Omega-9 (avocados, almonds, olive oil)
3. Supplement with herbs:
-Herbs have been shown to cause cellular cytotoxicity or cellular apoptosis to fight and kill cancer cells.
-Curcumin: potent anti-inflammatory compound found in turmeric
-Bromelin: proteolytic enzyme found in the core of the pineapple
Be proactive and reduce your cancer risk by consuming lots of fruits and vegetables, healthy fats and healthy herbs.
To learn more about how sugar can cause cancer, visit:
* This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Ax, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to replace medical advice or the treatment of a personal physician. All readers of this content are advised to consult with their doctors or qualified health professionals on specific health issues. Neither Dr. Ax nor the editor of this content assume responsibility for possible consequences for the health of any person or persons who read or follow the information contained in this educational content. All readers of this content, especially those who take prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
Video credits to Dr. Josh Axe YouTube channel