Follow us on Twitter: @ foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Cinnamon and honey by themselves are very nutritious and promote the overall health of our bodies. They contain important vitamins such as folate, vitamin C and vitamin E, minerals such as calcium, iron and zinc, and even nutrients such as fiber and protein. When combined, these two ingredients become a source of nutrients that offer incredible health benefits. We will discuss these health benefits of cinnamon and honey when it is constantly consumed.
1. First, cinnamon and honey can be beneficial for those who have diabetes. Cinnamon is a good source of antioxidant flavonoids, whose effect on the body closely resembles that of insulin. This means that the mixture can stimulate glucose out of the blood and into the cells, which provides functional energy. This natural sugar does not cause the major fluctuations in blood sugar levels as does artificial sugar, and this mixture can help create a constant use of glucose by the body, helping people with type 2 diabetes.
2. It can also improve digestion when consumed constantly. It can help control digestive problems such as constipation, ulcers and nausea, while increasing the overall health and functionality of the digestive system. If that is not enough, it can also help eliminate gas from the stomach and intestines, as well as treat stomach aches. Honey is very easy for our body to decompose, since it is a predigested nectar that can relieve our digestive system. Cinnamon is also useful for its antimicrobial properties in this regard.
3. Cinnamon and honey are also excellent for our immune system. This mixture can help stimulate our immune system, even to those people who may be suffering from symptoms of chronic fatigue. It is also useful to treat the symptoms of the common cold and the flu. This is because this mixture is full of antioxidants. In addition, it can help slow the growth of bacteria and fungi within the body.
4. It is also ideal for those people suffering from arthritis and it can be beneficial to alleviate these unwanted symptoms. The consumption of this mixture can help to alleviate the pain in the joints, as well as to maintain the general health of our bones.
5. Cinnamon mixed with honey is also excellent for our skin! Skin care can be avoided by drinking this mixture, or it can treat small infections of the skin and pimples by simply applying the paste to the areas of the skin that are annoying. These skin health benefits are possible due to the antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics of the mixture. Not only minor infections and pimples are reduced, but also wrinkles and age spots can be reduced.
6. It is also excellent for our general health of the heart. Both cinnamon and honey can help reduce cholesterol levels and protect the heart. High LDL cholesterol, or "bad" cholesterol, can cause atherosclerosis or plaque in the walls of the arteries. This can cause disorders and complications related to the heart and increase the chances of suffering a stroke and heart attack.
7. Finally, cinnamon mixed with honey can also improve our dental health in general. Both cinnamon and honey are used in this regard. It can help eliminate bad breath and also relieve toothache while promoting the overall health of our teeth due to its antimicrobial properties.
Creating the mixture of cinnamon and honey is incredibly easy. All you need is 1 cup of warm water, mixed with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Make sure the water is not too hot before consuming the mixture.
Thanks for watching the video! Please, I like, comment and share. If you want to know more about healthy foods, or advice about food and beauty, subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is solid and accurate, we can not guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be replaced by professional medical advice and opinions. If you experience any illness, serious or not, always seek treatment and professional medical advice.
Video credits to Foods4Health YouTube channel