diet plan for diabetes and high blood pressure. High blood pressure
The heart pumps blood through the arteries to various parts of the body. For blood flow to be smooth, the blood exerts some pressure on the arterial walls. The normal pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. When the pressure exceeds this limit and remains high for a long period of time, it is called high blood pressure or hypertension.
Food groups to consume in high blood pressure:
1. Calcium: it contracts and dilates the heart muscle and makes blood flow smoother
Food to consume: Milk, tofu and yogurt.
2. Potassium: balances excess water in the body and lowers blood pressure
Food to consume: coconut water, fruits such as bananas, dates, oranges, pomegranates, figs, mangoes, melon and vegetables such as broccoli, tomatoes, potatoes, beetroot and peppers.
3. Magnesium: relaxes the muscles that control blood vessels.
Foods to eat: almonds, nuts, barley, spinach, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds
4. Omega 3: Improves blood circulation.
Food to consume: Fish and flax seeds.
Recipes based on previous food groups:
Recipe 1: coconut cooler with melon
1. Take ½ melon and 2 oranges.
2. Remove the melon juice and oranges.
3. Add 1 coconut water tender.
4. Add a little black salt for the taste.
5. Decorate this with freshly cut mint leaves.
6. Having this cold
It is rich in potassium and is a very refreshing drink for meals.
Recipe 2: Salad
1. We are going to cut ½ red, yellow and green peppers.
2. Chop a tomato into small pieces.
3. Also, peel and chop ½ cucumber.
4. Mix these in a bowl.
5. Add a little low sodium salt, oregano, chili flakes to taste.
6. I will add about 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
7. Throw this well
• Use low sodium salt
• Avoid processed and packaged foods.
Video credits to All About Entertainment YouTube channel