16 signs that your blood sugar level is high and 8 diabetes symptoms. The first thing that comes to mind to most people when analyzing health and high blood sugar is diabetes. It is an extremely dangerous and deadly condition, but long before the person is diagnosed, the body shows signs that their blood sugar level is very high. This will help us stay as healthy as possible.
#DiabetesSymptoms # HighBloodSugar #Diabetic
16. Urine / excessive urine at night: if you drink large amounts of water before going to sleep, it is very likely that you wake up at midnight to urinate. But if your blood sugar level is too high, you may get a urinary tract infection that can result in excessive urination.
15. Blurred vision: do not overreact and buy a pair of glasses if you start to have temporary blurred vision. In most cases, it is a high level of sugar in the blood, which causes the lens of the eyes to swell.
14. Difficulty to concentrate: when the body lacks insulin, it can not eliminate glucose from the bloodstream into the cells. This does not allow the body to function properly. That's why you feel tired and can not concentrate properly. High blood sugar levels can dehydrate you because the body is trying to eliminate excess glucose when urinating.
13. Dry mouth: Due to high levels of blood glucose and saliva, which are caused by high blood sugar levels, your mouth dries.
12. Impotence: this problem, which only refers to men, is due to problems caused by poor control of blood sugar in the long term. This damages nerves and blood vessels.
11. Recurrent infections: there are several recurrent infections that must be monitored. Dysfunction of the thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands. Also beware of the numerous diseases in the pancreas and the severe increase in blood glucose.
10. Slow Healing Wounds: If you discover that smaller cuts and bruises take longer to heal than normal, high blood sugar levels may be the cause. It affects the nerves and can lead to poor blood circulation, which makes it difficult for the blood (need to repair the skin) to reach the injured area.
9. Stomach problems: When you have high blood sugar levels, you can delay the emptying of food from your stomach. This can cause swelling, bloating, abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting.
8. Constant fatigue or extreme tiredness: if your thyroid level is low, you are likely to feel tired, drowsy or depressed. To fight infections, you need energy, which can result in constant fatigue and high blood sugar levels.
7. Thirst: When you have high blood sugar levels, your kidneys are forced to work overtime to filter and absorb excess sugar. To achieve this, liquids must flow through the body to urinate the sugar.
6. Dry and itchy skin: when the flow of blood circulation through the body is poor, it causes itchy skin. The most common areas of the body that become more spicy are the lower parts of the legs.
5. Always hungry: can be one of those people who have a big appetite, and that's fine. However, for people who normally do not have a big appetite, this could be due to the lack of a hormone called incretin. Incretin reduces the flow of sugar from the liver after consuming a meal. If you do not have this hormone, the food empties faster and you will be hungry soon after dinner, which increases your blood sugar level.
4. Excess weight / abdominal fat: this is one of the most common signs of high blood sugar levels. The food you have consumed was not able to enter the cells as energy that nourished the cells, so, in turn, you feel hungry again.
3. Problems with the nerves: In short, if your blood sugar levels are high, it can damage the blood vessels that carry oxygen and nutrients to the nerves, which can cause nerve problems.
2. Changes in the skin: if you start to experience discoloration and certain skin growths, your blood sugar level may be high. In addition, you may notice that dark and thick areas of the skin may begin to form on the back of your neck and also on your hands.
1. Tingling and numbness: this goes hand in hand with nerve damage. If you experience tingling and numbness in certain areas of your body, your blood sugar level may be high. This type of nerve damage is called neuropathy.
Subscribe to Bestie:
Our social networks:
For more videos and articles visit:
Video credits to Bestie YouTube channel