JOIN ME – every week I take patients to a fast while continuing the ketogenic diet for the rest of the week. #fastinganywayyoucan
THEME FOR TONIGHT: Why check the sugars in the blood. FORACARE:
– Why should you check the sugars in your blood?
– Fasting blood sugar in the morning is important but DOES NOT show the complete picture. Learn what you NEED to know.
– DANGER !!! Up to 75% of diabetics have NOT been diagnosed for more than 10 years.
– Damage caused by diabetes.
– Find out what hairy fingers tell you about your health!
– The glucose ketone index (GKI) explained. Know the proportion you want to achieve for your health goals; Weight loss, autophagy, cancer.
WHY WE HELP: AUTOPHAGY
-Improves the way your body listens to insulin.
– Clean more bags of sugar stored in your liver and muscle cells (glycogen).
-The growth hormones such as growth hormone.
Make sure that:
1) Check your blood sugar levels.
2) Being in ketosis for 2 to 4 weeks before fasting
3) Have a reason to fast … [that does not mean weight loss.. a real purpose]
Every time I feel like giving up, I pray or meditate on the reason why I fast. I never reach 72 hours unless I have a good reason to fast. My best fasts occur when I am focusing on a patient and his journey.
The relation GKI [Glucose Ketone Index] explained.
Glucose divided by 18: ketones
DR BOZ RATIO: GLUCOSE DIVIDED BY KETONES
This math was easier for my mother … and for my patients.
Dr Boz RELATIONSHIP LESS THAN 80 = area of weight loss. Some autophagy may be happening.
Dr Boz RATIO LESS THAN 40 = benefit with all the deep inflammation of tissues / organs and autoimmune problems. (Intestinal secretion, brain fog, Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto's disease) More autophagy must occur.
Dr. Boz RELATIONSHIP LESS THAN 20 = Cancer and extreme health problems. . This was the category of my mother. This area is very hard. Not playing Make sure your doctor is watching you closely. It is likely that almost everyone has autophagy at this stage.
Thanks for tuning my channel.
BOOK-LINK – OF ANY WAY YOU CAN.
PAPERBACK = (affiliation link)
The two most common questions I receive …
1) "Doc, what blood meter do you recommend?"
For years my diabetics told me that this system was great. I tried several others before buying this one. I can not count the number of times I have analyzed my blood just to receive an ERROR message from the strip. Grrr. I hate that. FORACARE gets my vote because it is accurate and takes only ONE test strip to get the results. YES!!
2) "Doc, what ketones in a can (also known as exogenous ketones, BHB) do you recommend?"
BHB EXOGENOUS KETONES: Dr Boz BHB: (affiliate link)
I do not recommend them at all. Many times, this is a great solution for my patients who are very overweight and are trying to get used to burning ketones as fuel. All keto supplements should have magnesium in them. This he does.
I own this brand Dr Boz and Dr Boz supplements.
SUPPORT THIS CHANNEL:
Buy my book
Buy products Dr Boz.
Share my content with the people you love. BozMD.com
* This content is strictly the opinion of Annette Bosworth, MD and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to replace the advice or medical treatment of a personal physician. All viewers of this content are encouraged to consult their qualified physicians or health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Bosworth nor the editor of this content are responsible for the possible consequences for the health of any person or persons who read or follow the information contained in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those who take prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.
Video credits to Dr. Boz [Annette Bosworth, MD] YouTube channel